Database Engineer (m/f/d)
- Berlin (DE)
Join us at Thinkproject and Make your Intelligence an Asset. We are a multi-national, enthusiastic group who are passionate about bringing digital and sustainable software to the architecture, engineering, construction and operations sectors. You can expect a culture of openness, respect and inclusivity where every team member is given a chance to flourish in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. If you are motivated by change and challenges, then we are waiting to hear from you!
Engage, empower & learn | Your tasks
- Implement and maintain existing database layer in the form of its schema, stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Work with application developers to deliver powerful, integrated data backend for existing product.
- Maintain, monitor and improve existing data model.
- Implement effective and maintainable database coding practices.
- Ensure database code is accurately documented.
- Work with system administrators to ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content.
- Work with product managers to ensure sustainable data model for the product requirements.
Open-minded, committed & versatile | Your profile
- 3+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL.
- Experience as a software engineer with full life cycle development.
- Advanced Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions, triggers.
- Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON(B).
- Ability to efficiently write database code, improving data quality, privacy and security.
- Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
- Has strong programming skills with script languages (I.e., Python, Perl) and be able to develop applications for system automation and integration.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, German is an asset
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds.
Trustworthy, professional, honest | What we offer
Choose Thinkproject – build a strong career and build a better world. Take your place at the forefront of an industry poised for transformation, learn from experts and collaborate with smart and supportive colleagues, partners and customers. Join our team and open up a host of opportunities, from locations to positions. We understand the importance of empowering our staff and always encourage you on your career journey, wherever that may take you!
Minette Tshibangu | T +49 89 930 839-419
Please submit your application, including salary expectations and potential date of entry, by submitting the form on the next page.
Working at thinkproject.com - Make your intelligence our asset.